Our Most Frequently Asked Questions by Category
13 Nov 2019
9 Min Read
We've compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions to help you get the most out of your Lucid products. We hope this page comes in handy as you research your current or next Lucid purchase. Please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.
Adjustable Bed Bases:
- Which mattresses are compatible with Lucid adjustable bases?
- All Lucid mattresses are compatible with adjustable bed bases. If you want to use a different brand's mattress, any foam or foam hybrid with a 10-12-inch profile should work just fine; however, check with the manufacturer of your mattress to be sure.
- Can you place an adjustable base inside a decorative bed frame?
- Yes, our adjustable bases are designed to fit inside most decorative bed frames. We recommend measuring your bed frame to make sure that one of our Lucid adjustable bed bases will work for you.
- Can a headboard/footboard be attached to a Lucid adjustable bed base?
- Yes, a headboard can be used in conjunction with an adjustable bed base, but you will need to purchase headboard brackets separately. If you need assistance purchasing the brackets, please email us at email@example.com. Unfortunately, a footboard cannot be attached. However, you can place this adjustable base inside a bed frame with a footboard for decorative purposes.
- Are all Lucid foam furniture covers washable?
- The folding mattresses feature a removable cover that is machine washable. Just be sure to follow the included care instructions. For the convertible sofa and shredded foam chair, the cover can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- How long does it take for the foam to fully expand?
- It can take up to 48-hours for the foam furniture to fully expand. For the folding mattresses, you can massage any trouble areas to help it expand faster. The foam chair can also be fluffed to help it expand. If you have any expansion problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- What can these pieces be used for?
- All foam furniture is great for kids and adults. The folding mattresses can use it inside as a play mat, low-profile couch, guest bed, or whatever else you can come up with. They can also be taken camping for a more comfortable trip. The shredded foam chair can also provide comfortable support both inside and outside, just be sure to bring all foam furniture inside if the weather is stormy.
- How do I attach a headboard?
- All Lucid headboards include pre-drilled legs, modification plates, and optional wall mounts for easy attachment. As long as your bed frame has brackets for a headboard to attach, the pre-drilled legs and modification plates should help with this. If you cannot attach it to your frame, you can easily attach it to the wall. If you need assistance attaching it, you can email in at email@example.com for help.
- Where are all the pieces?
- They are in the back of the headboard. Just turn it over and pull back the Velcro flap. The assembly instructions, legs, modification plates, and wall mounts should all be in there.
- How tall is the upholstered section?
- The upholstered section of the rectangle diamond-tufted headboard and scooped square-tufted headboard are 32-inches tall at their highest points. The upholstered section of the mid-rise headboard is 20-inches tall.
- What kind of frame should I put my mattress on?
- Any base that provides substantial support and ventilation will work great. We recommend using a box spring, platform, metal grid, slatted base with slats no wider than 3-inches apart, or an adjustable base.
- My mattress feels too firm, what can I do?
- If your mattress feels too firm, adding a topper will make it softer and more comfortable. The thicker the topper is, the plusher it will make your bed feel, and the deeper the cradling sink will be.
- How soon can I sleep on my mattress upon opening the package?
- It can take up to 48-hours for your mattress to fully expand, but you can sleep on it as soon as it finishes expanding. If you notice a smell when you open the mattress, this is just the new foam smell, and it will quickly dissipate. Place the mattress in a well-ventilated room with a fan blowing on it to speed up the dissipation process. If you have questions or concerns, please email in at firstname.lastname@example.org for friendly assistance.
- Which mattress bag should I use?
- These mattress bags are available in three thicknesses: 2-mil, 3-mil, and 6-mil. The 2-mil bags are best for mattress and box spring disposal. The 3-mil bag is heavy duty and best for protecting your mattress while it is in storage. The 6-mil bag is ultra-heavy duty and is the best option for keeping your mattress safe while you are moving.
- Can you only use a mattress in these bags?
- No, these mattress bags are great for protecting many things. They can be used on your mattress, box spring, furniture, plants, and other odds and ends that need a reliable method of protection.
- Are they reusable?
- These bags are designed for a single-use. However, you could reuse these bags as long as it is not damaged, and the adhesive strip was not used.
- How do I pick the best pillow for me?
- Every user has different comfort preferences, which makes choosing the perfect pillow difficult. Solid foam pillows will have a firmer feel than shredded foam, but shredded foam can be molded to provide comfort or firmness where it is needed. If you are having trouble choosing a pillow, you can always talk with us by emailing in at email@example.com.
- Can I clean my pillow?
- If there is a removable cover, you can machine wash it according to the care instructions. If it does not have a removable cover, then you can spot clean it with a damp cloth and mild detergent as needed. We highly recommend using a pillow protector to keep your pillow clean.
- How quickly will my pillow expand?
- It can take up to 48-hours for the pillows to fully expand. Massaging trouble areas on solid foam pillows or vigorously fluffing shredded foam can help it expand faster. If you have any expansion problems, please email in at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the weight limit?
- The upholstered platform frame can support up to 800-pounds. The metal platform frame can support up to 1,250-pounds on the twin and twin XL sizes, while the larger sizes can support up to 2,500-pounds.
- How much clearance is there for storage?
- The upholstered platform frame has a total height of 16-inches, but there is only 4-inches for you to access underneath the bed. Our metal platform frame has a total height of 14-inches and has 13-inches of clearance for storage.
- Can you attach a headboard or a footboard to a platform frame?
- Yes, you can attach a headboard to both platform frames, but you will need to purchase headboard brackets or attach the headboard to the wall. If you want to purchase headboard brackets, please email in at email@example.com. As for attaching a footboard, you can place the metal platform frame inside a bed frame for decorative purposes if you would like.
- What’s the difference between a mattress protector and a mattress encasement protector?
- A mattress protector will fit on a mattress similar to a fitted sheet, and it will only feature top and side protection. The encasement surrounds the entire mattress and has a zipper enclosure to provide top, side, and bottom protection.
- How do I wash a protector?
- The care instructions for these protectors are machine wash hot, tumble dry low, do not use bleach, and do not iron.
- Will Lucid protectors keep pet accidents off the bed?
- Our protectors are not designed or intended for pet use. While protectors are 100 percent waterproof when used as intended, pet's nails can puncture the protector, which could cause it to leak. If you have pets, we recommend keeping them off the bed or being cautious about their bathroom habits.
- How do I put this bed together?
- Our rollaway guest bed does need some simple assembly, but it is straight forward and doesn't require any tools. You will only need to attach a few pieces, such as the braces and legs, and then you will be ready to have your guests relax and unwind. If you have any trouble with assembly, simply email in at firstname.lastname@example.org for product support.
- How big is this bed when it is out and folded up?
- This rollaway guest bed is available in three sizes so the dimensions will depend on the size you order. Below are the dimensions for each size when the bed is unfolded:
- Cot: 74 x 31 x 12 inches
- Twin: 73 x 36 x 12 inches
- Twin XL: 78 x 36 x 12 inches
- When the bed is folded, each size will measure 44 x 10.5 inches.
- What is the weight limit?
- Our rollaway guest bed can easily support up to 350-pounds so that your guests are comfortable and well-supported during their stay.
- Which topper is best for me?
- All toppers are designed to soften the feel of a too-firm mattress, but generally, the thicker a topper is, the plusher it will feel, and the more it will sink. If you want a slightly softer feel with only a slight sink, then a 2-inch topper should be a great fit. If you prefer a very plush feeling bed with a cradling sink, then a thicker topper will work best.
- How do you clean a topper?
- We offer both down alternative and foam toppers. The down-alternative toppers can be machine washed hot, and tumble dried on low. As for foam toppers, they can’t be machine washed, but you can spot clean them with a damp cloth and mild detergent. We recommend using a mattress protector to keep your topper clean.
- Can I trim a foam topper to fit my bed?
- We don’t recommend cutting a topper because it will void the 3-year warranty. If you don’t mind voiding the warranty, then you can trim the topper with foam cutting tools.